Wednesday, May 26, 2010

In The Summatime, When The Weather's Fine...

It's been a while since I talked about what I've been up to. Other than getting a new phone (which is seriously my favorite new toy, it's insane), I decided to go to MMRBQ with a bunch of the crew around here. MMRBQ is this huge concert that WMMR hosts every year, and this year the lineup didn't disappoint. The bands playng were Automatic Fire, Dive, Skillet, Fuel, Three Days Grace, Alice in Chains, and Stone Temple Pilots. I'm not a fan of hard rock, so really I was just going to do something and because I figured an all day rock show with my friends would be fun.

And it was awesome! Unfortunately what started as a 6 person group going turned into 3 people - me, Madeleine, and Chad (Madeleine's boyfriend). So essentially I was third wheeling it, but it was fun. I knew that I wouldn't feel too bad as a third wheel because they're not much for PDA thank God. So after introducing Chad to the beauty of WaWa hoagies, we were off to Camden. And the concert was great! I mean, the two headliners were okay, but the best one was Skillet, this Christian hard rock band. They played an acoustic cover of "Enter Sandman" and I was sold.

That was the main event of the summer so far. Today Corinne and I decided to celebrate her last day of classes at CSW by laying outside in our bikinis and trying to tan (or burn, in my case) in the 93+ degree weather before I went off to Chelsea's barbeque for a little bit. Tomorrow is lunch and chilling out with Laura and Rachel.

Ah, summertime...

No comments:

Post a Comment