Friday, May 14, 2010

Lost Is The Abusive Boyfriend I Never Wanted

There are a few shows that I've become obsessed with over the years. My first two "Must See TV" shows were Alias and West Wing (both of which I own on DVD and still watch, in sequence). Later came my current obsessions of House, Damages, Big Bang Theory and Glee. The obsession I don't talk about as much is with Lost, and I'll tell you why: because I love the show, but I'm not as hardcore as Anne Gould Northgraves.

I will say this, though: in my time in London, I really didn't watch the show at all. Yeah, I know, it's the 6th and final season of a cult hit. Yes, I followed it from the beginning. But I didn't have the patience to put up with it when I was enjoying a different country and all their TV 0fferings.

I decided that since it was summer and the show was ending soon, I really should catch up with the last 15 episodes. And I am soooooo confused right now. I won't go into details, but I'm only at episode 2, and I'm really wondering why I decided to get back into this show.

I mean, think about it. I love the show, but it hurts me to follow it around. It's like an abusive boyfriend. Everytime I try to go away, I get bitch slapped (or flash sideways-ed) into submission!

I just hope it doesn't take Maury to get me out of this.

No comments:

Post a Comment