Monday, July 12, 2010

Now With 100% Less Wisdom Teeth!

It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.

I went to get the much dreaded surgery done on Friday morning, after hearing many many horror stories of chipmunk cheeks and feeling funny. So after they put the awkward hair net and the blood bib on me, they left for like an hour, leaving my Mom and I like no good magazines to read and nothing much to do in that room. Then Dr. Doherty walks in all calm, looking very tan and blonde and friendly, shoots me up with something, and the next thing I remember is waking up asking Mom the same like 3 questions over and over in the recovery room.

After sleeping for like 2 hours on an ice pack I woke up feeling fine and hungry. A bowl of Jell-O pudding and some pain meds later, I was good to go. To the point where the same day I got them out, I was at the pool hanging out with Corinne and her motley crew. No swelling, no illness, no wisdom teeth.

I mean, yeah, I was on the pudding-pasta diet for like 3 days, which was fun for like a minute. And I hated the gauze mouth bit, it felt really weird. But it was an awesome excuse to not go to work, and I feel pretty good.

No comments:

Post a Comment