Monday, June 22, 2009

I Don't Think It's About Gardening

I thought that we as a society had all gotten past the whole feminine product commercial awkwardness. I mean, yeah, you don't want to think about what it's for, but it's necessary, and television ads reach pretty much all the customers these companies would ever ask for. But I was watching some pointless countdown on E! today and this commercial came on for the Schick Quattro bikini line trimmer.

I understand that hygiene and proper grooming are important, but it's not really all that subtle what they're referring to. And really, I don't want to watch commercials about a product to trim pubes. I'm not morally outraged or anything, I'm just saying that the commercial is a little awkward. I will give it this, though: it's waaaaaaaaay more subtle than this version.

(Although that second version is pretty funny. Thanks to my old roomie for that viral bit)

No comments:

Post a Comment