Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Schoooooool's Out...For...Summer?

Except for it's not.

As people are taking summer classes at UD (which I am not doing), going to the beach (which I am not doing), or laying at the pool getting a tan (which I am not capable of doing), I am here at Conrad Middle School, now the Conrad School for the Sciences.

Actually, right now it's Conrad Summer School, and I'm teaching Ed Options - sort of an online course for people who need to pass English.

Anyway, my job is to supervise and grade. And in the downtime from the answer key-based grading and yelling at people to work, I get to hang on the computer for 5 hours a day. Which got me thinking that I'm sort of over the internet at some points.

Most of the time is spent on BBC checking the news (I know, I know, I'm putting myself out of business). Then it's off to checking my e-mail a few (hundred) times. Then E!Online and EW to get the entertainment (entertaining?) news. Then I'm almost out of options, because everything good like Facebook, Twitter, Best Week Ever, Vh1, Pandora, YouTube, Sporcle and other wonderful time wasters are blocked. It really only leaves me 3 options: Blogger, LOLDogs, or Overheard Everywhere (haven't tried Texts from Last Night, but I imagine it'll be blocked). So I decided to bring a book.

Is "Are You There Vodka? It's Me, Chelsea" inappropriate? (For sure, read it!)

Oh, one more funny nugget from school today:
"Who grades my stuff?" - Sean
"God." - Me
"Damn, I'm going to flunk." - Sean

No comments:

Post a Comment