Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Ithaca, NY: Now AIER Approved!

Yeah, we're "10 Square Miles Surrounded By Reality." But according to the American Institute for Economic Research, Ithaca is now the #1 college town in the US.

Now, you can get to reading why we got picked and all that at the link to the Ithaca Journal that I have above. But I'm shocked! I would've thought that somewhere big like Boston, or somewhere insanely small like Morgantown (where WVU is; it's pretty much the whole town) would've been picked. But WRONG! It was us!

I guess I can see why, the Cornell campus is absolutely beautiful in that old, Ivy-League way. IC is slowly getting prettier with all the new buildings (no matter how long they take to be built, construction men out my window at 7 AM building the new fitness center I'll never see). And the town itself is pretty cute, with the Commons and all the gorges and trails and all that.

So...go Ithaca, I guess. Keep up the good work.

No comments:

Post a Comment