Monday, July 6, 2009

Good News, My Caffeine Addicts!

(Sorry, I couldn't resist the picture)

In my daily BBC Skim, I found this little nugget. And since I'm surrounded by coffee drinkers (Dad?) most of the time, I thought I'd share. Apparently, coffee turns your teeth yellow but may reverse Alzheimer's.

"The Florida research, carried out on mice, also suggested caffeine hampered the production of the protein plaques which are the hallmark of the disease.

Previous research has also suggested a protective effect from caffeine.

But British experts said the Journal of Alzheimer's disease study did not
mean that dementia patients should start using caffeine supplements. "

Now the bad news here is that the mice who just drank water did not do as well as their hopped-up counterparts.

Which means if I have Alzheimer's later in life, I'm absolutely screwed.

No comments:

Post a Comment