Tuesday, July 14, 2009

The Midnight Train To GM

Don't get me wrong, I usually love trains and mass transit. I like watching them on bridges, I like being on them, they're generally pretty fun.

But when you're running late from work, the last thing you need is the Newport Gap Pike train to cross your path. And today, for the first time, it did.

Today as I was pulling through the intersection of Newport Gap Pike and Kirkwood Highway I was almost on time. Then I noticed that the train was there, and that a ton of people were turning around. Fair enough, I understand. I figured it would pass quickly.

It didn't, I was there for 20 minutes before I figured out an alternate route. I called the main office of Conrad repeatedly, and none of the calls were answered. It kept coming up with Andy Vincent's soothing voice directing me to dial the extention of my party, which...I didn't know.

I tried to go down 141 as well, thinking "Ha ha! I win!" until I realized when I got there that all routes to Conrad that I knew of were blocked by the same train. Now I realize the GM plant needs parts/needs parts shipped out to other places. That said? Not during rush hour on a busy road or 3!

No comments:

Post a Comment