Monday, July 13, 2009

Imagine You're A Diseased Truck Driver...

I have a thing for reading Vanity Fair when I want to feel intelligent. It has great pictures and lots of lengthy features about the news. It also has a ton of stories about celebrities, and I'm totally down with that. And as much as I love "In Character," I don't really get how they think of the situations for the poses.

For example, these photos of John Malkovich have the following directions:

Left: You’re an ingĂ©nue actress, new to Hollywood. Your
agent has just called to say you’ve been chosen for a role in a big movie …
as George Clooney’s love interest.

Center: You’re a construction worker having lunch with your
buddies on the street in front of the job, calling out to a sexy woman passing
by, “Hey, hon, wanna see what’s in my lunchbox?”

Right: You’re a mid-level drug dealer with a big payment due
to a Mob boss, getting the news from one of your street runners that he lost the
big coke stash in, “like, a weird gust of wind.”

But really, who comes up with this stuff?

No comments:

Post a Comment