Monday, July 13, 2009

We Wanted to Be Toys 'R Us Kids


(My pictures will come later, as soon as they load from my phone to my e-mail)

In my late teen years, I've found that it's even more fun to do kiddie stuff when you're old just to release your inner child every now and again. Or make for a fun photo op. Or both.

(Speaking of, my own photos will be added as soon as they actually send to my phone).

So after we took a trek to Border's to get Laura a beach read (she decided on "I Hope They Serve Beer in Hell" and I decided on Raisenettes, since I already have "The Gun Seller" to read and the book list-added "Kitchen Confidential" to hold me through a week in Corolla), we decided to take a field trip down the road to Toys 'R Us to look around.

The task for the day was to find the Scene It? 2 for vacation/college (there's no way I'm giving it back after vacation), so we headed over for the board games aisle. Imagine my surprise when we found a hot pink Life, a hot pink Monopoly, a hot pink Ouija board (perfect when Light as a Feather, Stiff as a Board gets old), and a hot pink Rubik's Cube. Apparently, for girls' night in, they made pink teenager versions of these games. So rather than getting a job and having a family in Life, you go to prom, a sweet 16 party, and the college/job decision comes at the end of the game rather than the beginning. I had to call Dave immediately for two reasons: one, he's a huge Star Trek fan. Two, I didn't have Eric Holland's number. His response?

Dave: I must play this game.

So we kept looking, and after deciding on Scene It? for me and nothing for Laura (she considered some Trivial Pursuit cards, but they were too expensive and too high in difficulty to make a game of it enjoyable), we decided to browse the rest of the store. We found Rachel's birthday present (Rach? You probably already got the picture of the motorized Barbie ATV) and found some dolls that when they got put in the boxes, their skirts flipped up over their heads and showed their undies, which...sluts.

1 comment:

  1. You forgot to mention the existence of Star Trek Scene It? was what spurred you to contact me.

    ReplyDelete