Friday, July 10, 2009

Vassup? Your Impression Is No Longer Funny

I need to talk about a growing cultural trend here, and I admit, I'm totally guilty of it as well.

There's this epidemic of Sacha Baron Cohen movies that are insanely quoteable and uncomfortable funny, and in case you haven't noticed, one is coming out today. It's called Bruno, it looks like it'll be really funny, and Laura and I are most likely seeing it tomorrow at some point. I have no problems with the movies. I do have a problem with people who won't stop quoting Bruno or Borat. And Bruno isn't even out yet.

Note to all frat boys and summer school students of mine: you're not funny. The first time, it's funny. Dropped into casual conversation? That's okay too. But when you constantly just go back and forth and quote the same lines over and over again and laugh amongst yourselves? It's not amusing. It's not funny. Frankly, it makes you look like a douchebag.

Now naturally I'm excluding myself and my friends from this, because we totally do this too. But we don't do it in public.

Except for that one time that we were talking about Kazakhstan and how it got a disproportionate amount of land from the USSR and Allie responded with a drawn out "Niiiiiiice."

No comments:

Post a Comment